Friday, February 27, 2009

The Blessings of Really Bad Things

I'm troubled, really troubled, by how quickly I am feeling absolutely wonderful about what has happened. How can I have done something SO STUPID, so thoughtless, so careless, have caused pain to people I truly care about, and put myself on the teetering edge of voluntarily losing my job during the worst economy ever (at the very least I have already altered my job and reduced my income) - and yet feel liberated, free, expansive and surrounded by possibility? Because I do!

I woke up this morning feeling fantastic. Last night I made arrangements with a woman I've always admired to the point of envied (she's so beautiful) to work with her and her partner, helping them out with their business which involves floral design. I'm going to learn flower arranging!!! She was so excited that I want to work with them, and I'm so excited to learn something new.

The blessings of really bad things are starting to be made known.

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog thus far. It does sound like a bit of "Eat, Pray, Love"--somethig Elizabeth Gilbert would write. Ah, you inspire me to update my pathetic blog (untouched since January 12.) I'll be writing this weekend. Check out Mark Morford's Blog, he's a Columnist for the San Francisco Chroncile: http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/morford/archive/
    I worship him in my spare time. I would marry him.
    Also, you best conatct the Writer's Guild of Austin, girlfriend.
    I see a future in this for you! *namaste*

    ReplyDelete