Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And More Sunshine!

Just when you think life just couldn't get any sweeter, it does. I woke up this morning to more glorious sunshine and I can't wait to get out in it. So beautiful.

I'm doing a lot of gratitude practice these days. It's so simple. Before I get out of bed, I have to list 5 things, quickly, that I am grateful for. Without even thinking, just go, 5 things! This morning's list: boyfriend, bed, sunshine, breath, pillows. But the super-fun thing about this practice is that you can never, ever ever stop at 5! Once you've got those 5 going, they just start to spill out: blankets, sheets, my hair, my skin, muscles, sex, the mangos ripening on the counter, the simple joy of going to the bathroom, licorice toothpaste, my cuppa tea, and everything, all the way down to my toenails. It's just so good. Life is. When you start your day with a gratitude practice and keep it going throughout the day, it's just the best thing ever. You cannot be unhappy when you are in a state of gratitude. Gratitude drives out every negative feeling and every negative thought. It's pure mental sunshine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment