Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Possibilities

I am so excited! I'm so happy! Life is an amazing place.

A few days ago, the demons were on my tail, attempting to drag me down and make me feel horrible about myself and my life - they were even whispering in my ear last night. But today, I can quote the amazing Tracy Chapman and say "All you demons go back to Hell! Save my Soul, save my Self..." (Crossroads, what a great song, great album.)

Today, not only do I have lunch scheduled with 2 of the most powerful women I know - a lunch meeting I've been waiting for for 2 whole weeks - but I also finally received the go-ahead and information I needed for a major, major project that I've known about for a few weeks and have been chomping at the bit to get started on.

My biggest character feature, I think, is a rampant streak of impatience. In some circumstances, that comes across as being pro-active and eager and ready to go, and in other cases, it just makes me a great big, bossy, pain in the butt. I have learned how to wait, although I hate it mightily. This whole process over the past 2 weeks has been nothing more than a continued exercise in patience, learning how to strengthen my patience muscles. Learning how not to jump up in a panic and freak out and run out to try and fill the void in my life called "work" with something really unacceptable called "job." Learning how to be calm in the face of not getting what I want at the moment I want it, learning how to sit still in the midst of very uncomfortable circumstances.

This major, major project is something so close to my heart, and I am so incredibly thankful for it. It's a start to something beyond big, beyond powerful. This is a wonderful opportunity. I'm so happy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment