Thursday, March 26, 2009

More Work

Moving through life through the filter of The Work can cause some pretty incredible awakenings. One of the things Katie says is, whenever you lose something, you can be sure that "you've been spared." Oh, how I love that!!! I can look back at my old life, and rather than feeling this huge hit of a loss, instead I feel this huge joy and love, and I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I have been SPARED. All of the things in my old life that were causing me distress and unhappiness - I have been spared. Not that I will never have unhappiness and distress in my life again, but I won't have those. I don't need to deal with those things now. How do I know? Because I've been spared.

I've got other things to do! It's incredible. I'm the most workaholic unemployed person you'll ever meet. I've been working so much. Non-stop. I love it. I'm having so much fun.

I've been noticing an amazing thing in my life lately. I used to never smile. I used to be quite an angry driver. The littlest things would set me off. I was easily angered, although I wasn't "angry." And now, I move through the world with a smile on my face. I can't help it. I go out of my way to make eye contact and smile at people I normally may have avoided. I love smiling at homeless people, at laborers, at random people as I move around the world. It's really exciting to smile at people, and the best thing is when they smile back. It's so cool. And it's not like I'm even TRYING to smile. I just am. I'm just happy. All the time. I might get annoyed for half a second while I'm trying to get online and my wifi is slow, but then I laugh and smile at myself and enjoy the joke - it's so funny that something like slow wifi could ever be a problem.

And then, right on cue, a friend sent me a text - in the middle of this perfect day, a package of goodies arrived at home! Wow! So many choices of amazing blessings, which one to do next? I love it. We've always got so much more than we ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment